Join or Renew
We welcome you to join the Bibliographical Society of America, and to renew your membership for the current year!
All members receive:
- a subscription to the quarterly Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America (PBSA) in print and online
- Individual access to the ACLS Humanities E-Book collection. The $40 annual subscription offers unlimited access to around 5,000 cross-searchable, full-text titles across the humanities and related social sciences. Titles have been selected and peer-reviewed by ACLS constituent learned societies for their continued value in teaching and researching, and hundreds are being added each year. The collection includes both in- and out-of-print titles ranging from the 1880s through the present.
- discounts on the Society’s other publications
- a 30% discount on all books published or distributed by the University of Chicago Press
The majority of the Society’s members are from the United States and Canada, but most European countries, Japan, Korea, Australia, and New Zealand are also represented, together with institutions in Brazil, India, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bulgaria, Macau, and Kuwait.
To foster bibliographical community with librarians, scholars, booksellers, collectors, and others working in throughout the Americas, in 2020 the BSA established a special rate for members living in Latin America. See below for details.
Annual membership dues for BSA (January to December only) are:
- $80 for Partner membership: Dues cover the cost the Journal, our meetings, and administration.
- $125 for Sustaining membership: Help sustain our programs for the future, and support the junior members entering our field. $45 of your membership fee is fully tax deductible.
- $250 for Leadership membership: Support the growth of the BSA’s programs and membership in person and online, and support our publications. $170 of your membership is fully tax deductible.
- $500 for Advancing membership: Advance the BSA’s mission and geographic reach. $420.00 of your membership fee is fully tax deductible.
- $1,250 for a personal lifetime membership: Support the BSA’s fellowship program and help us develop long-range initiatives to support bibliographical teaching and scholarship. $1,170 of your membership fee is fully tax deductible.
- $50 for residents of Latin America / para residentes de América Latina: This option is available to bibliographers 36 and older living in Latin America. While the Society continues to conduct its business primarily in English, we hope to foster a more global bibliographic community and offer more Spanish-language programs and digital content that meet your needs. / Esta opción está disponible a los bibliógrafos mayores de 36 años con residencia en América Latina. Aunque la mayoría de las actividades de la Sociedad se llevan a cabo en inglés, buscamos fomentar una comunidad bibliográfica más global y ofrecer más programación y contenido digital en español para responder a sus necesidades.
Emerging bibliographers who are 35 years of age and under may join at a discounted $25 annual rate.
Institutional subscriptions and back issues are available from the University of Chicago Press, Journals Division, PO Box 37005, Chicago, IL 60637. Telephone: (773) 753-3347, or toll-free in the United States and Canada (877) 705-1878. Fax: (773) 753-0811, or toll-free (877) 705-1879. Email: email@example.com.